What I Do When I’ve Been Exposed
For those of us with MCS, a simple walk past an outdoor smoking area or a hug from a perfumed friend can make us very ill and ruin our day. Here are some of the steps I take to minimize the effects of an exposure once it happens:
- GET AWAY – This first action is a no-brainer – I try to get away from the offending exposure. If that’s not possible, then to find a way to filter it.
- IMMEDIATE DETOX – If I have access to my liposomal glutathione, I take 5-9 drops of it mixed in a small amount of water. I swish it around for about 60 sec and then swallow it.
- BINDER TO REMOVE TOXIN – I then take six capsules of barley greens or two capsules of activated charcoal with a whole glass of water (distilled with electrolytes added back).
- OTHER ANTI-OXIDANT SUPPORT – I take any other anti-oxidants that I have in my arsenal at the time. That can include Vitamin C & PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone). Also, if I have it, I take some potent food sources – organic berries – especially blueberries, watermelon or cantaloupe.
- LIVER SUPPORT – I also take another product daily by Seeking Health called Liver Nutrients that, among its other supportive ingredients that increase detox, contains milk thistle, a supplement known to heal the liver. I make sure that I’ve taken this after an exposure.
This is not professional medical advice and neither is it an exhaustive list, but hopefully my little regimen will give you some options to try. And of course, if you’re experiencing a life-threatening reaction or if you fear that you may be, call 911 and get emergency medical assistance